The following year, hectographized proclamations, signed by a “group of communist anarchists in Bežycy,” appeared on January 5, March 17, and September 14. All of them fell into the hands of the police in one or two copies and had anti-war and anti-imperialist content. Despite the use of undercover information and searches, the perpetrators of the production and in the same place, l. A copy of the proclamation. 31 GARF, f.102, OO, op.245, d.12, p.54-G, l.1. A copy of the proclamation. 32 Ibid, op.245, d.9, p.54-B, l.6. Report of the Head of the OGUU to the Police Department. 27.07. 1914 33 Ibid., D.12, p.54-g, l.3. Report of the Head of OGUU to the Police Department. 06.09. 1915 34 GAOO, f.883, op.1, d. 765, l.541. Report of the assistant head of the OGUU in the Bryansk and Karachev counties to the head of the OGUU.24.09. 1915 35 GARF, f.102, OO, op.246, d.167, p.54, l.3.20. Report of the Head of OGUU to the Police Department. 10.01 and 30.10. 1916 In the same place, d.12, p.54-g, l.1. Report of the Oryol Governor to the Police Department. 30.03. 1916 218 distribution of proclamations were never found.
Analyzing this information, the Police Department concluded that there was an anarchist-communist organization in the Bryansk district, about which the gendarmerie has no information36. The Oryol Gendarme Office recognized that the observation and collection of undercover data on the activities of the group did not produce results, but noted that its composition was known to the police. According to the gendarme detective, there was no organized group of anarchist communists in Bezhitsa, but there were only individuals who kept in touch with each other. Those who arrived in Bezhitsa from exile led an energetic activity to unite them, having established contact with Petersburg anarchists37. By September 1916, 9 persons of anarchist convictions remained in Bezhitsa: one clerk of the plant’s administration, seven workers of the Bryansk plant and one worker of the Raditsky car-building plant. Eleven people by that time were called up to the troops, two left to Moscow, two more to Petersburg, and three to Kharkov38.
Thus, the originally anarchist group in Bezhitsa numbered up to 30 people. The origin of the proclamations from the military organization of the Socialist-Revolutionaries, according to the police, was a local Socialist-Revolutionary organization. Its center was located in the town of Pochep, Chernigov Province, located 75 versts from Bryansk and connected to it by the Polesskaya Railway. There the organization of the Socialist Revolutionary Party, which had close ties with Bryansk and Bezhitsa, developed and strengthened. When the Bryansk plant SR organization consisted of 24 people. In addition, the Bryansk and Bezhetsk Social Revolutionaries had a direct connection with St. Petersburg39. 36 Ibid, l.2. Attitude of the Police Department to the Head of OGU. 13.05. 1916 37 GARF, f.102, OO, op.244, d.12, p.54-B, l.2. Report for July 1914 on the local organization of anarchist communists. 38 GARF, f.102, OO, op.246, d.12, p.54-G, l.5. Report of the Head of OGUU to the Police Department. 24.08. 1916 39 GARF, f.102, OO, op.244, d.9, p.54-B, l.3. Agent statement. Information on the party of socialist revolutionaries. 24.11. 1913 GARF, f.102, OO, op.245, d.9, p.54-B, l.16. Information from the assistant chief of the OGZhU in Bryansk and Karachevsky counties. 219 It is noteworthy that the proclamations emanating from the SR and anarchist organizations were made in an identical way and had approximately the same anti-war, anti-imperialist and anti-government content. Based on this, it can be assumed that the two groups operating in the same village were interconnected.