Ben Norris is a poet, a playwright and an actor, based in the UK.
Amongst other things, he has recently:
- won the IdeasTap Underbelly Award, which will see his debut one-man show, The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Family, run in Underbelly’s Big Belly for the entirety of the 2015 Edinburgh Festival Fringe
- performed at the Proms in the Royal Albert Hall, which was broadcast on BBC Radio 3 – listen here
- been commissioned by IdeasTap to write and record a new poem about the struggles and triumphs of freelance creative work – watch it here
- been commissioned by the Southbank Centre to write two new poems, which were performed at the Royal Festival Hall and broadcast on BBC Radio 3 – listen to them here
- become 2013 UK All Stars Poetry Slam champion
- published his first poetry pamphlet with Nasty Little Press
- founded UniSlam!, the UK’s first ever national inter-university poetry slam championships
- represented Birmingham in the UK Team Poetry Slam, an Apples and Snakes national team at Bristol Poetry Festival, and the University of Birmingham in slams against the universities of Edinburgh and Cambridge, and in the inaugural UniSlam!
- won individual slams at the Cheltenham Poetry Festival, Lydney Festival, and Ledbury Poetry Festival (all 2013), and finished runner up in the 2013 Roundhouse Poetry Slam